Small Unmanned Aircraft System (sUAS) Visual Observer for Utilities Inspection (Los Angeles Area) – MissionGO
Los Angeles Area
MissionGO is searching for highly motivated individuals to join our team who possess remote control aircraft piloting experience and either have their FAA Part 107 certificate or are interested in getting certified. Candidates must have an exceptional commitment to safety, willing to be held accountable for assisting with flight operations, can adhere to instructions given by the Remote Pilot in Command.
The Visual Observer will assist an RPIC/sUAS Pilot during flight operations and ensure the RPIC is not distracted from their duties. A successful Visual Observer is a critical part of our safety team and will abide by MissionGO’s safety rules and regulations to support flight operations. Visual Observers will receive on-the-job training in sUAS operations and those individuals that demonstrate proficiency and drive may be promoted to a sUAS Pilot position. MissionGO will pay for part 107 training and certification for selected Visual Observers.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Cares about overall mission
- Has a passion for safety
- “Do whatever it takes” mentality to help the overall success of the mission
- Works well within a team environment
- Humble and hungry for exciting work at a startup
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- VO’s main responsibility is to assist the RPIC with all flight operations.
- VO must be prepared to take the role of the RPIC if the RPIC suffers a medical emergency or any other emergency where the RPIC cannot continue to perform their duty as chief pilot.
- VO will maintain visual on the aircraft unless directed by the RPIC to attend another task.
- VO will be vigilant and aware of the aircraft’s surrounding airspace.
- VO or any crew member will notify the RPIC upon observing aircraft or obstacles in the UAS’ airspace.
- VO is expected to know the mission and the functions of all members of the operation.
- VO will conduct pre-flight inspection along with the RPIC. Ensure separation of aircraft from obstructions, hazards, manned aircraft, other unmanned aircraft, non-participating people, or any other prohibited areas or obstacles
- VO will be held accountable for public interaction.
Qualifications and Experience:
- US Citizen able to pass a criminal background check
- Proficient in English
- Minimum of one year in remote control aircraft or Unmanned Systems Operations
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Advanced computer skills and the ability to troubleshoot computer and technical issues
- Ability to work in a team environment and interface professionally with customers
- Problem solver
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to diffuse stressful situations
- 40-hour work week
- Hourly and salary positions
- Travel required
- Willing and able to operate in field conditions and inclement weather
- Holds an FAA Part 107 Certificate
- Knowledgeable with various sUAS platforms
- FAA Recreational pilot certificate or above
- Proficiency in Spanish
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment will constantly change and will include but are not limited to, extensive exposure to sun, heat, cold, wind. Often employees will be faced with considerable terrain challenges such as aggressive elevation changes, up and down, and different footing challenges such as soft sandy bases, rocky base, and thick vegetation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long hours and work in rough outdoor environments. The employee is expected to maintain the physical ability to meet these challenges.
How To Apply: